• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: GuruPlug versus SheevaPlug  (Read 9974 times)
alfon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2010, 10:55:23 AM »

Do you know if NewIT has plans to do an offer similar to GST's (free JTAG for early orders)?
Cause if they don't, it could be more interesting for us Europeans to pay more for shipping and duty by ordering from GST (if their website comes back Wink), if the JTAG module is free!

New IT have now added the Guruplug standard and plus (but NOT the Guruplug Display) in their online shop, and allow preorders. Deliveries are scheduled for April.

http://www.newit.co.uk/shop/products.php?cat=11 (click on "details" for the free JTAG offer)

AND, they too have a free JTAG offer : "All preorders for GuruPlug paid for by 14/3/2010 will receive 1 free JTAG module per order".
Notice the "per order" (not "per guruplug"), which makes sense, in a way - in most cases, one JTAG module per user is enough.

best regards,
Alf

restamp
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2010, 02:06:22 PM »

Is the console on a GuruPlug accessible without the JTAG module?  I would suspect so, but on the SheevaPlug they do share a common USB connection.

obarthelemy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 04:52:14 PM »

The spec sheet for the PXA168 ( http://www.marvell.com/products/processors/applications/pxa_168/pxa_168_pb.pdf ) states
- H.264 video up to 720p@30 FPS
- LCD up to WUXGA (1920x1200)

We need to make sure the plugs actually support those best-case specs.

That would make them quite usable as very basic netPCs. Pity there's those issues with HDs: they should expand the box just a bit so that a 2.5" HD fits inside, and take care of the power issues. I see myself taping a Caviar blue with its Y-USB to the Plug right now :-/
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 04:53:47 PM by obarthelemy » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: