• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Double Default routes Ubuntu SheevaPlug  (Read 7191 times)
pingtoo

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2010, 01:28:48 PM »

The message
IP-Config: Complete:
     device=eth0, addr=a.b.c.253, mask=255.255.255.0, gw=a.b.c.1,
     host=Sheeva, domain=, nis-domain=(none),
     bootserver=a.b.c.1, rootserver=a.b.c.1, rootpath=
is a clear indication of kernel autoconfig function at work. So for your Debian Lenny on SD the network configuration is at issue. you can leave it as is right now let the kernel do the autoconfig. or may be copy the network configuration from NAND. it is my understand that Ubuntu is a derivative from Debian So I assume they work close enough for how network configuration.

I use Gentoo as my Linux system although I am fluent in general how Linux system should work but I do not know how Debian based system initialize in detail. I suspect the ifup/ifdown command may be checking some conditional indication file in system, instead checking the real network interface status. that is why you got ifup/ifdown report not configured.

Good Luck Smiley

pancho

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 09:19:04 PM »

Hi pancho,

I just noticed that your /etc/network/interfaces does not conform to current spec ($ man interfaces), around the 'iface lo inet loopback' line.
It seems that the lines:

I guess you're right (haven't checked it, yet). It comes like this when the plug gets shipped!?

I don't know.  But the rootfs.tar.gz image that comes with SheevaPlug installer 1.0 has the setting OK.  Maybe it was wrong in the original image and then fixed it afterwards :-?

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: