• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Transmission 1.80 released! Installed on my 9.04 plug  (Read 7111 times)
elBradford

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2010, 04:11:01 PM »

Hey! Transmisison 1.80 was just released and it has some cool improvements (magnet links, trackerless torrents [tpb], etc). I am running Ubuntu 9.04 which only has 1.51 in its repos so I decided to try compiling my first program on my plug and it worked great. Details on my blog post about it.

UnaClocker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 05:06:42 PM »

Cool, thanks for the heads up. I too had to compile my own, but I did it about 2 weeks ago, so I have 1.76.. Been suffering without magnet links, it'll be great to have that feature. Smiley

SheevaPlug - 8gb class 4 SDHC primary drive, 4tb 3.5" media drive, Debian Wheezy, nginx, Samba, Shorewall

elBradford

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 06:05:19 PM »

It also looks like transmission dot net (a windows front end for transmission) has a beta with magnet link support as well. Cool cool

elBradford

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 03:51:39 AM »

It also looks like transmission dot net (a windows front end for transmission) has a beta with magnet link support as well. Cool cool

It looks like they just released 1.81 haha, one of the fixes is to the magnet link handling. I'm just excited I can get stuff off TPB now since they have trackerless torrents.

UnaClocker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 03:12:37 PM »

heh.. Yeah, 1.80 worked great. Guess I'll go ahead and download 1.81 and compile that too. Smiley I wish I could get it to compile the GTK interface, after I do a ./configure it ends saying that the GTK interface won't be built. I usually just use the nice web interface, but I run a remote X session on my hackintosh, so I'd like to be able to have the GTK interface available.. Ahh well. Smiley

errr, looks like 1.81 was a no-go either, 1.82 is out now. Smiley haha.. Good stuff. Smiley

Very strange.. For some reason, it's complaining the files are dated in the future (just about an hour into the future to be exact) when I extract it, and I can't compile it for the same reason.. Ahh well, I'll just wait, I guess. Wink
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 03:22:24 PM by UnaClocker » Logged

SheevaPlug - 8gb class 4 SDHC primary drive, 4tb 3.5" media drive, Debian Wheezy, nginx, Samba, Shorewall

elBradford

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 03:31:22 PM »

heh.. Yeah, 1.80 worked great. Guess I'll go ahead and download 1.81 and compile that too. Smiley I wish I could get it to compile the GTK interface, after I do a ./configure it ends saying that the GTK interface won't be built. I usually just use the nice web interface, but I run a remote X session on my hackintosh, so I'd like to be able to have the GTK interface available.. Ahh well. Smiley

errr, looks like 1.81 was a no-go either, 1.82 is out now. Smiley haha.. Good stuff. Smiley

Very strange.. For some reason, it's complaining the files are dated in the future (just about an hour into the future to be exact) when I extract it, and I can't compile it for the same reason.. Ahh well, I'll just wait, I guess. Wink

That's funny, when I compiled the first time I forgot to add the --disable-gtk flag, and it compiled with gtk support. I'm not sure what was different in my configuration, I'm just running the stock 9.04 Ubuntu version with all the updates. I haven't messed with 1.81 or 1.82 and probably won't unless they add something I want or fix something I have problems with. Glad to hear 1.80 worked for you though.

UnaClocker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 04:53:32 PM »

Yeah, I guess Debian doesn't install GTK by default, but you wouldn't think the 512meg default install would have that sort of thing either, it's a waste of space for the original application of the plug. I wonder what packages I need to install to get it going on Debian.. I installed a couple GTK packages already.

digitlman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 02:13:48 PM »

Any idea when an 1.82 package will be built?  I could download and compile it myself, but I'm lazy ;-).  apt-get install transmission is SO much easier.

gman86

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 05:51:27 PM »

Thanks for the tutorial just upgraded to the 1.82 on by plug debian earlier today  Grin

oktus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 04:12:31 AM »

T1.83 compiles and works too Smiley

Deviant0ne

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 11:59:18 AM »

It's a shame I just found this - I ditched Transmission on my plug and started using it on my Mac Mini instead. Great news though, good work.

peter a

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 02:15:15 PM »

I tried via the apt-get install and finished up with 1.21 , oops

mhtsaras

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2010, 12:51:19 PM »

I build transmission 1.83, with disable-gtk  and I couldn't believe it that it took ~420 MB (with all the required packages to build it, the downloaded tar and the installed daemon)
WTF?
All those MB to get torrent support and after that I must install something else to see what i'm downloading ratios etc...
I must admit that windows utorrent was the best torrent client with under 300 kB file size (I think last year was under 200 kB) and with all the bells and whistles.
Transmission sux a lotta! or not?

Edit: What is the recommended add-on to control the most out of transmission on the plug? 
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 01:27:18 PM by mhtsaras » Logged

peter a

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 07:21:14 AM »

The best part is Flexget
That is what does most of the work, and it works with any cli torrent programs .
So will work with ctorrent , rtorrent etc , which is only small and you don`t need to compile to get working.

UnaClocker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 10:31:12 PM »

Not sure why your transmission was so large.. As for controlling it, launch transmission-daemon, and then direct a browser to the plug's IP address at port 9091
so like http://192.168.1.2:9091   and it pulls up the Transmission web interface, that's the only way I interface with mine.. Works like a champ.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: