• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Flashing jffs2 rootfs using uboot  (Read 5580 times)
Gothnet

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2009, 02:46:30 PM »

Hi there,

Can anyone enlighten me as to how I can use the serial cable to reflash the plug?

I've tried (and failed) to boot using tftp and nfs but even if I could get it working I'm not convinced it's the easiest or best way to achieve what I'm trying, which at this point is simply to re-up the original filesystem.

I have experience of using dfu-util with the openmoko freerunner and had assumed that something similar would be available for the plug. Even if I'm to use arcane serial commands I'm happy to do that and script it, but at present I'm just not familiar enough with uboot to know how to go about it.

Help?

Gothnet

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 04:37:06 PM »

Ok, this is still a concern going forward but no longer so pressing.

I can now get into my ubuntu image ok, haing tried a hundred and one things and failed at them all up until I started playing around with passwd. For future reference: if/when you start getting your root password refused and single user mode/init=/bin/bash only get you as far as running passwd and receiving an Authentication token manipulation error for your trouble, for heaven's sake try using passwd -d root and then passwd again.

I spent about two days chasing dead ends before I figured that one out.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: