• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Truecrypt for Marvell ARM with Crypto Support (2.6.32+)  (Read 6468 times)
odoll

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2010, 08:18:55 AM »

Hi folks,

is there a package of the above around somewhere?
--
tnx & cheers

hacker_54

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 04:51:35 AM »

Hi,

No, you have to compile truecrypt yourself. I have done that but it does not work to mount an encrypted volume for some reason, It looks like dm_crypt is not working properly.

EDIT:

OK, now I have finally got TrueCrypt to work. I am mounting volumes with the option: '--mount-options=nokernelcrypto'. This will use the TrueCrypt's internal crypto API's instead of the kernel's. I dont know why the kernel API's doesnt work. I think it has something to do with the ARM processor and patches might be needed for the kernel.

Ive run samba speed tests using an encrypted volume and a normal disk mount (unencrypted) the truecrypt speed is not that satisfying to me, kinda makes me sick  Cry

Without encyption: ~28-35 MB/s
With encryption (AES): ~5 MB/s

I guess I wont be using the Sheeva as a small power-efficient encrypted file server.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 06:12:45 AM by hacker_54 » Logged

scientes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 08:21:08 PM »

I think it has something to do with the ARM processor and patches might be needed for the kernel.
certainly not arch-related, the API is the same on all arches. make sure you are using 2.6.32 or 2.6.33 with the mv-cesa driver.---no patches are needed as it has been merged into mainline

paste the output of
Code:
lsmod
modprobe -l | grep cesa

make sure the module is loaded
Code:
modpobe mv_cesa

bdewacht

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 04:00:10 AM »

Truecrypt uses XTS block encoding, which is not supported by the hardware security engine on board of the sheevaplug. So, there is no solution. Either change to dm-crypt (which makes use of the hardware acceleration, I got 10-15 MB/s on USB HDD) or accept slow speed (5MB/s) with truecrypt.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: