• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Modify uboot bootdelay value?  (Read 2840 times)
mrjoel

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2010, 01:22:11 PM »

I've attempted to increase the uboot bootdelay value higher than the 3 that is default, however after doing the setenv/saveenv/reset, the printenv still reports the 3 seconds value. Is the bootdelay value write protected in the uboot image? I'm using the patched uboot, version "3.4.27 - pingtoo patch.01".

pingtoo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 01:28:46 PM »

I've attempted to increase the uboot bootdelay value higher than the 3 that is default, however after doing the setenv/saveenv/reset, the printenv still reports the 3 seconds value. Is the bootdelay value write protected in the uboot image? I'm using the patched uboot, version "3.4.27 - pingtoo patch.01".
It apparently "yes" it is hard code some where Grin I tried in my custom file when use with sheeva-installer, it did not change either. I have not spend time to debug the u-boot code on this issue because seems to be less important since nobody ask this before Cheesy I will have a look at it, may be included in my next patch?

Good Luck Smiley

mrjoel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 01:31:16 PM »

That'd be great. All the other reading and experience I've had with uboot has had ethaddr, serial etc. flagged as being set-once only, but I changed ethaddr multiple times without problem, so I figured no environment variables were protected.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: