• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Controlling a business phone system with your plug?  (Read 1084 times)
KPexEA

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2010, 08:13:05 PM »

About 5 years ago I did some programming for a company that had an PC with an Intel ISDN phone card in it and the system handled multiple incomming phone lines and had the standard "Press 1 to talk to accounting" "Press 2 to leave a message" etc. The software could detect the phone buttons pressed and record messages etc.

So I got thinking, does anyone make a similar device but USB based that you could connect to your plug and have a full blown phone system?

I was googleing around and found the Dialogic Diva USB http://www.dialogic.com/products/tdm_boards/diva_client/Diva_ISDN_USB.htm, not sure if it does the same thing. It does come with Linux drivers, has anyone used it or know of something that does what I am asking about?

Thanks
Kevin

PlugPBX

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 09:51:18 PM »

1. Go here and install PlugPBX onto your SheevaPlug via SD card via .....  www.PlugPBX.org 

2. Use an Ethernet based ATA (analog terminal Adaptor) which SIP interfacing to FXS or FXO ports. The Cisco/Linksys SPA-3102 is a great example, with both types of ports (interface to analog phones and interface to the analog phone company).

You can also find lots of vendors who make PRI/ISDN style 'black boxes' that will provide SIP interfaces via ethernet. Don't muck with USB ports and interfaces, ethernet is universal.

The 3102 product retails around $60-80 bucks online.

Its that easy Wink

KPexEA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 10:03:45 AM »

Thanks!
Kevin

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: