• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Where do I get nandwrite?  (Read 3997 times)
UnaClocker

View Profile WWW
« on: January 02, 2010, 09:22:27 PM »

I have a Debian install on my SD card, I've decided to throw caution to the wind and flash a new kernel into my NAND.. So I downloaded the script and went to do it this evening.. Unfortunately I ran into a brick wall when it went to do the flashing..

Code:
Flashing kernel to NAND
./README-2.6.32.2: line 74: flash_eraseall: command not found
sheeva:~# nandwrite
bash: nandwrite: command not found
I tried searching aptitude for it, no sign of it.. I assume this was included in the original install, but I'm not running that anymore.. Where would I get that? I did some searching of the forums, almost had it, but the link was no good.. Googled, no sign of it.. I need the erase_flash program as well.. Thanks.

SheevaPlug - 8gb class 4 SDHC primary drive, 4tb 3.5" media drive, Debian Wheezy, nginx, Samba, Shorewall

cbxbiker61
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 01:39:46 AM »

I tried searching aptitude for it, no sign of it.. I assume this was included in the original install, but I'm not running that anymore.. Where would I get that? I did some searching of the forums, almost had it, but the link was no good.. Googled, no sign of it.. I need the erase_flash program as well.. Thanks.

As a matter of convenience I've uploaded the two programs necessary to do the flash in /sheeva/flash.  The original install placed them in /usr/sbin.  Make sure they're in the path on your machine, On the original install /usr/sbin is in the path of all users.   As a precaution you should run ldd against the programs to see if there dependencies are OK on your system...shouldn't be a problem though, they're not linked to much.

rooster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 03:50:23 AM »

doesn`t mtd-utils have it all?
http://packages.qa.debian.org/m/mtd-utils.html

UnaClocker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 12:55:22 PM »

I could have sworn a searched aptitude for mtd, and installed something similar to that name. Ahh well, your suggestion did the trick. Thanks. Smiley Now I can go and try to brick my plug, err, I mean update my kernel. Smiley Thanks.

SheevaPlug - 8gb class 4 SDHC primary drive, 4tb 3.5" media drive, Debian Wheezy, nginx, Samba, Shorewall

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: