• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It comes with Debian preinstalled?  (Read 900 times)
UnaClocker

View Profile WWW
« on: December 31, 2009, 05:09:19 PM »

I got my Sheevaplug today. Smiley Plugged it in and ssh'd into it.. It identifies itself as "debian".. Have they switched to preinstalling Debian on these things now? I'm reading through the Wiki right now, noticed it says it would have Ubuntu on it.. Might need to update that. Smiley I plan to do a fresh install on an 8gb SD card anyways..
I love how the "Warranty Void if broken" sticker was only stuck to one side of the case.. So I can pop the thing open without voiding the warranty if I feel like it.. Wink hahaha..
I decided not to fight with the USB-serial drivers on OSX and just fired up XP in VMWare. Smiley

There it is on my left speaker.. Smiley

SheevaPlug - 8gb class 4 SDHC primary drive, 4tb 3.5" media drive, Debian Wheezy, nginx, Samba, Shorewall

UnaClocker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 09:37:52 PM »

Ok, I guess I was a little slow.. It's hostname is Debian, but when I finally plugged in the USB cable and connected that way, it clearly states it's Jaunty ubuntu.. I've got Debian Lenny installed to an 8gb class 4 SDHC card now, and it's set to boot that by default.
It seems like the wiki is lacking.. Smiley I'm going to have to trudge through the threads on this forum to find the tips I've read over the past month or two while dreaming of owning this thing.

SheevaPlug - 8gb class 4 SDHC primary drive, 4tb 3.5" media drive, Debian Wheezy, nginx, Samba, Shorewall

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: