• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Guide to getting up and running with Debian  (Read 3129 times)
hungarianhc

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2009, 08:39:24 PM »

Hi All,

Wanted to let you all know that I wrote up a guide on how to get started with Debian on the Sheevaplug. Hopefully it will help users avoid some of the mistakes I made along the way! I gave credit to the plug forums and all those who helped me out. So thanks! If you all see anything that seems inaccurate or wrong, let me know and I'll change it. Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 11:14:07 PM by hungarianhc » Logged

alexK

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 05:59:20 PM »

You might consider posting a link to your guide. I was unable to find it without contacting you off line. It's a shame that it isn't easily found by checking this thread (or am I missing something that is staring me in the face?)

fragfutter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 02:00:45 AM »

you might have missed to click the word "guide" in the first post

alexK

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 08:18:51 AM »

You are correct: on my screen with my eye site, it wasn't until you pointed it out that I noticed that that word was a link. Sorry.

DanieruSenpai

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 10:58:55 AM »

Appears as like if missing words in your guide

1. Download and unpack the Sheevaplug Installer package (I am assuming you are on the same ubuntu box that was mentioned earlier)
2. Find a 256MB or bigger flash drive, and format it to FAT16 or FAT32.
3. Copy the contents of the “installer” sub-folder of the newly created “sheevaplug-installer-v1.0″ folder to the flash drive. Once again, just copy the contents of that subfolder, NOT the entire subfolder.
4. On the
5. Go here to find the link to download mgillespie’s pre-packaged Debian Squeeze rootfs.tar.gz file. The forum post has a link to a mediafire page. Click the Debian-Squeeze folder and then click the rootfs.tar.gz file to download it.
6. Take the newly downloaded rootfs.tar.gz file........

4. On the....  ¿? what else? Undecided only appears that. Maybe you erase accidentally the rest of text?

hungarianhc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 11:14:38 PM »

THanks for sharing. It's helped me alot although it was really hard for me to identify the link^^!
Sorry I just didn't want it to seem like i was spamming the boards and promoting my blog! But... as requested, I've made it easier to spot!  Roll Eyes

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: