• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PlugPBX is here!  (Read 8424 times)
PlugPBX

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2009, 03:38:01 PM »

Want a dedicated Asterisk / FreePBX solution on a Sheeva Plug?

Me and some of my friends sure did. SO we did it. We saw nobody was doing this in a simple flash and go manner, so we took charge and PlugPBX is the answer.

www.plugpbx.org  !!

We provide a down loadable image you can flash to an SD card (require 4 gig right now), and insert into a SheevaPlug configured to perform SD card booting with .19 or better of UBOOT. We're still working out kinks and squashing the image size as we test things...and tweak and hone.

Plans include forums on the website, and far more detailed 'help' and instructions to getting started, video tutorials. And the best part, just like all its components, its free in every way possible.

Its build on top of Debian Squeeze, and features extras like Webmin and Munin to help make it easy to adapt, maintain and monitor. Samba and Avahi make sure it shows up on your network....

Features:

--FreePBX 2.5.2
--Asterisk 1.6.1 latest stable release
--Full Dundhi / Zaptel kernel support compiled in

Much more to come, but I wanted to give a heads up! 

marcus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 05:16:53 AM »

Looks very interesting. I am downloading the image now.

One thing. The link to the md5sum for the image doesn't work. Doesn't look like you uploaded the md5sum yet:

http://www.plugpbx.org/downloads/betaimageDec18-nodev.md5sum

http://www.plugpbx.org/downloads/

PlugPBX

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 07:51:36 AM »

The MD5 Sum has been uploaded now Wink

plugcrazy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 04:26:59 AM »

Hi,

First congratulations on the PlugPBX. Its an awesome effort and glad you did it.  I have some questions though on making this mass  market.

How can I get my regular PSTN line to be answered by the plug? Still need a RJ11 to USB connection right? I'm very very interested in using the plug to replace MagicJack or even Ooma. PlugPBX solves or has potential to solve one part of the problem. The other is to just get a regular phone connected to it. Any suggestions on a good converter box? Something that terminates incoming PSTN RJ11 and converts to VoIP? Also another Rj11 port to connect to a regular phone. I know there are solutions out there, but it would be good to have a section on our wiki on the different peripherals that can be connected to the PlugPBX. Having a cheap (<$20) device that does this would be phenomenal. We can say bye bye to Ooma and MagicJack (which has failed to provide a linux driver and I suspect we wont be seeing anytime soon!)

Thanks,
PC.

nedemin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 06:07:46 AM »

You can use a VoIP gateway, like the Linksys SPA3102 or any other with FXO ports.  You will need as many FXO ports as PSTN lines you want to use.  THE spa3102 can be attached to one pstn line and to one regular (analog) phone.

LrdShaper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 02:49:19 AM »

I'm also using 2 SPA3102 (one in Philippines and one here with me in Malaysia) and 1 PAP2T with Asterisk 1.4 (previously with a Microsoft XBOX and now moved to SheevaPlug).

I can call any local number in the Philippines from my regular phone at home in Malaysia, and if I'm outside I can call my home number using my mobile, have asterisk answer the call with an IVR and then dial their extension and vice versa

cbxbiker61
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 01:02:25 AM »

Features:

--FreePBX 2.5.2
--Asterisk 1.6.1 latest stable release
--Full Dundhi / Zaptel kernel support compiled in

Much more to come, but I wanted to give a heads up! 

I imagine FreePBX doesn't support Asterisk 1.8.x?  Since 1.8 supports ipv6 and that's the most convenient way of getting clients to pass audio/video back and forth I'm kinda of the mindset that I need 1.8.  Besides the fact that 1.8 is a long term support version.  LinPhone supports video and ipv6, it seems to work OK.  LinPhone's support for ipv6 works, but is kinda kludgey since you either turn it on or off.  It should rather determine ipv4/ipv6 based on name resolution.  If I get motivated I may just have to dig into LinPhone's code and see if I can improve ipv4/ipv6.

Your project sounds like a nice one for the sheeva.  I'd be interested to know how well it performs, i.e. how many simultaneous calls it can handle.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: