• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 4+ weeks, no sign of my plug.. :(  (Read 3248 times)
UnaClocker

View Profile WWW
« on: December 16, 2009, 06:38:45 PM »

Was hoping to get my plug in time for Christmas, so we ordered it something like a month and a half early. Globalwhatsit indicates 2-3 weeks delivery time on their site. It's been 3 weeks and there's no sign of it having even shipped yet. They also don't seem to be answering their emails. Is there another US source? I can just reverse the charges on my credit card and have it overnighted from someone more reliable..
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 05:57:22 PM by UnaClocker » Logged

SheevaPlug - 8gb class 4 SDHC primary drive, 4tb 3.5" media drive, Debian Wheezy, nginx, Samba, Shorewall

KPexEA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 06:52:43 PM »

FYI, mine took ~5 weeks,  I just got it about 2 weeks ago.

notjeff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 07:26:29 PM »

I ordered mine on November 1st.

It arrived on December 11th.

I haven't been able to find another U.S. supplier.  Though now that it's actually here I can say the wait was well worth it!  Smiley

I highly recommend putting something like Debian Squeeze with a recent (2.6.31 or 2.6.32) for an even better experience.

UnaClocker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 07:56:51 PM »

Ok.. So it'll probably ship by Christmas, maybe the end of the year.. Thanks for the info.. Smiley

SheevaPlug - 8gb class 4 SDHC primary drive, 4tb 3.5" media drive, Debian Wheezy, nginx, Samba, Shorewall

Crath

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 07:19:42 PM »

It took a few months to get mine from globalscale... good luck Tongue

UnaClocker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 09:17:21 PM »

Lovely.. How long ago did you order/get yours? Looks like they've shipped two batches since my order was placed. Apparently so far behind that they couldn't ship mine in either batch.. Looks like they're shipping a new batch every 2 weeks now, I hope to be on the next batch out..

hungarianhc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 09:15:03 PM »

Hah - join the club... See this thread...

fedor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2009, 01:29:48 AM »

Notice how everyone mentioning problems seems to be getting negative Karma?

Look at me, -7 and probably going to lower further after this post once the cowards get their fingers on the "smite" button.

I dropped 5 after fragfutter got on his high horse, then a further 1 after DamonHD chimed in. Coincidence? Evidently someone else dropped me a further -1 karma after that.

Hello Globalscale? Forum cowards?

What is this? You don't like what someone else has to say so you hide behind some cowardly system to show your displeasure by giving people negative karma scores?

Pretty pathetic really.

In the interest of fairness, this forum should show who is giving positive and negative karma so we can all see who the real cowards are.

Any moderators here want to chime in?

DamonHD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2009, 05:32:32 AM »

Happy Christmas to you too.

Rgds

Damon

fedor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2009, 08:52:21 PM »

Happy Christmas to you too.

Rgds

Damon

The truth hurts maybe?

50+ new reads of this thread since I posted and my Karma is still at -7. Hasn't changed. Interesting... I imagine after my call to have the Karma system open for all to see that the gutless cowards among us are thinking "To smite or not to smite? Nah... Everyone might find out how gutless I really am." *Mouse moves off the smite button*

You see, I'd wager we are all adults here. Yet the cowards will take the opportunity thinking they are anonymous to "stab" people they dont' agree with in the back.

So let's make it open for all to see. Lets see which "respected" members of this community thought they'd hide behind anonymity to be gutless towards others.

For the record, in my Globalscale technologies thread, I believed fragfutter was attacking me personally. I told him so. But at least I had enough respect for him as a human being with a different opinion to not stab him in the back and drop him 5 Karma points because I don't like him.

Open up the Karma system.

UnaClocker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2009, 10:06:46 PM »

I admit, I was tempted to hit smite just to watch you explode some more.. Smiley But since someone gave me negative, and I don't feel I've been negative yet, you may have a point.. I gave you a +.. Smiley
I looked under my Christmas Tree this morning, and cried a little inside, as another week had gone by (4 weeks now), and I have no gift to open. If only they had said 5-6 weeks instead of 2-3, I'd have gotten it ordered sooner, I just didn't want to have it sitting there tempting me for an extra month..

fedor

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2009, 10:25:16 PM »

Hahahahaha thanks for the +1 Karma Smiley

I feel your pain over the delay in getting your Sheevaplug. I hate to say it but, given the slowdowns around this time of year, you may be in for a bit more of a wait yet.

Allow me to alleviate some pain and provide you with some Christmas cheer by taking your -1 Karma (provided no doubt by some anonymous forum coward) and at least try to turn it into a 0 Smiley

UnaClocker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 05:04:43 PM »

Mine shipped today. Sorry if my whining got one someone's nerves. Looks like it'll be my New Years day gift.. Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: