• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Installer woes: openocd fails on line 473 of command.c  (Read 1666 times)
gfarrell

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2009, 01:33:09 PM »

Hi all,

I've been trying all day to get the Sheeva Plug installer to work first on Ubuntu (9.10) then Windows then Ubuntu then Windows... Nothing.
I've given up with Windows (7 by the way) because even though I can connect with PuTTY the installer can't connect or something absurd. Bah!

So, Ubuntu. I recompiled openocd for amd64 et cetera and then I consistently get the following:

Code:
jtag_nsrst_delay: 200
jtag_ntrst_delay: 200
dcc downloads are enabled
Warn: use 'feroceon.cpu' as target identifier, not '0'
Error: unable to open ftdi device: device not found
Runtime error, file "command.c", line 473:
# openocd failed messages, they're all over this forum...

I haven't found quite the same error anywhere else...

Does anyone know what I should do?

(It's probably worth mentioning that I only get ttyUSB0 in /dev and can't use it to connect with screen or the like on Ubuntu. Works fine on my mac.)

emstester

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 12:40:08 AM »

have you installed the necessary requirements? example libusb for windows? how about the config files? thus it reflects the plug vid and pid?

gfarrell

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 03:27:30 AM »

have you installed the necessary requirements? example libusb for windows? how about the config files? thus it reflects the plug vid and pid?

I did install the requirements... as I mentioned, the console was working fine.

I suppose it doesn't really matter that much now because I used cyrius.com's debian installer tutorial instead but I'd be curious to know why the Sheevaplug installer caused such headaches.

Yapapa

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 04:19:46 AM »

if I remember right I encountered something similar; I fixed it by copying the tar into the root where the decompressed files have to reside (UBS or SD) and extracted the tar then there. I hope this helps - I'm unfortunately far away from my plug and my notes...

gfarrell

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 04:33:24 AM »

if I remember right I encountered something similar; I fixed it by copying the tar into the root where the decompressed files have to reside (UBS or SD) and extracted the tar then there. I hope this helps - I'm unfortunately far away from my plug and my notes...

The problem is that openocd wouldn't even _connect_ to the plug let alone start the installer.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: