• Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Usb Hardrive issues  (Read 1199 times)
andybites

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2010, 04:49:39 AM »

Hi, I have a problem that seems to have been mentioned previously, but I can't see a resolution (other than use a powered hub - which i am).

I have a few of those USB 2 SATA devices, one is a winsatars sata hard drive docking station, and the other is an actual cable. I've used both very sucessfully under windows, and have literally copied terabytes of data over both without so much as a hiccup - but the sheevaplug doesnt seem to be able to work with either of them effectively.

I'll focus on the docking station - i plug it in, new items appear in /dev - SDx etc.. and i mount them, no issues.. a few days later i'll get  "ls: reading directory .: Input/output error" in the mounted drives directory. DMSG report is attached.. I've connected directly and via a powered hub (the docking station is powered itself). Is this a hardware issue, and does anyone have any idea how i would diagnose the root cause?

I have tried multiple hard drives connected to the docking station, same issue with each one.

Linux debian 2.6.32.2 #1 PREEMPT Fri Dec 18 22:54:28 MST 2009 armv5tel GNU/Linux

Thanks,

Andrew

* dmsg.txt (19.62 KB - downloaded 202 times.)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: